COMFORT QUESTION (Was RE: Modem Caller-ID question (long-ish))

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: COMFORT QUESTION (Was RE: Modem Caller-ID question (long-ish))
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:29:14 -0000

If you have Home Highway, why not try Comfort on Analogue 2 instead.

Just had a thought about Comfort on Home Highway.

I assume that the alarm will go off because Comfort senses the loss of
voltage on the line as being a line fault. With Home Highway there is
always
voltage present at the analogue ports even when there isnt a line available
because both channels are in use. This would mean that Comfort couldnt get
dial tone to dial out.

I am guessing here....but.... as long as the power was still being supplied
to the HH box then comfort would think the line was OK. If the line to the
house was cut Comfort would still think all was OK. This is purely
speculation as I dont have Comfort to be able to try this out.

Andy, if you are following this, any idea if my theory is correct.

Keith

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/973607544/