Re: CCTV with Comfort

Nigel,
A very low cost method is using the relay module with Comfort, there is a
schematic PDF diagram on this page:
http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/rly01.html
 (Peripherals, click the house
to take you to products)

We've successfully put 8 cameras through two of these relays connected to 8
outputs using colour cameras on just screened alarm cable. The HCC300 and
301 cameras have built in PIR's and are waterproof.
http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/

The response is programmed so that only one output is active at any time.
We
have the pirs switching on the lights(if dark), announcing the zone
name,switching the relative output to view on the monitor or Scart and
triggerring the Timelapse VCR into emergency record(using another output)).
After movement has ceased, a 20 second timer brings the view back to camera
1 (doorphone). By using flags we can also manually select one of the 8
cameras and the image stays until we switch to auto (flag off).

The picture stability when switched is excellent considering there is no
processing circuitry here.

Using the same responses on the front and back doors means that when you
open the door the lights and cameras switch. Additionally you can do the
same with the garage door remote, open the door when your're down the road,
lights switch on if dark and the door opens and the garage PIR is shunted
allow you to drive straight in without creating an alarm or fiddling with
keys at the front door in the rain.

Andrew
CHC