Re: Comfort - choosing a DECT phone

The Comfort site has some information under 'Which Phones' to aid with
choosing
a DECT  phone which works on Comfort as you would expect.
http://www.comfort.org.uk/support/index.html

Comfort has a 4 second window with which to press the star key, otherwsie
after this time the star is injected into the telecom networt for access to
network services
etc.

You can report your DECT phone to us using this form
http://www.comfort.org.uk/phonform.html
 so we can add it to the site for
others to benefit from to help in making an informed choice when buying a
DECT phone.

If a DECT phone has a built-in delay above 2 seconds then it is unlikely to
provide sign-in access for Comfort but will work fine for all other Comfort
functions. BT Phones are one of the worst on this score.

Alcatel 'Easy' is ok though.
http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/main.html#easy

Maybe Keith might know why some DECT phones exhibit this kind of behaviour?

Regards

Andrew Roberts (Technical Sales Manager)
Comfort Home Controls
(New Sales Line 44(0)1244 680675)
(New Tech Line 44(0)906 3004444)
Manufacture, Distribution & Support