Re: Comfort installation problems...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Comfort installation problems...
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:57:54 GMT

Good News!

Following Marks advice, I've sucessfully got the Telephone connection
working 100% (Thanks Mark!)

As it hapenned Mark, I didn't need to connect wire 3 on the master socket
for the internal phones to ring - I've just connected 2 & 5, & all
internal
phones ring just fine...

Also, I've got the BT Diverse 2010 DECT phone system in the house, and
these
are a little bit fussy about exactly how they can sign in to Comfort - If I
press "green" to go off-hook, and then attempt to sign-in, it
doesn't work
(I get the nice lady at BT saying "you have dialled incorrectly....)
However, if I leave the handset "on-hook" and pre-dial the
sign-in code,
then press "green" to go off-hook & dial, it works pretty
much OK, Except
comfort initially responds with "wrong code", but I can then
sign-in again
and I'm in like Flynn!!

Has anyone else experienced these "funnies" with DECT phones, and
if so, is
there a workaround for this behaviour?? - I could live with it, but it
would
be nice to be able to use the DECT phones as simply & easily as a
corded
phone, because I don't actually use any corded phones in my house!!

Cheers.

Paul G.

<ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Comfort installation problems...
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:00:20 +0100
>
>Hi Paul
>
>I had an old BT Plug to RJ11 modem lead that I cut up.  I then put the
BT
>plug into 1st analogue port on Highway and wired this into the
Telephone IN
>on Comfort (wires 2 and 5).
>
>Then take the two wires Out of Comfort and wire them into a Master
Socket
>(onto positions 2 and 5 again obviously).
>
>Now wire your phones into this Master Socket on wires 2, 5 and 3 for
the
>ring.
>
>M.

Java or juggling?.  Everybody learns something at Learn2.com.  Where
you'll find thousands of free 2torials, affordable online courses, and
useful tips for everyday life.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/964

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications