Re: CT-100 Patch Panel

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CT-100 Patch Panel
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:43:58 +0100

At 10:01 25/10/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Just received this meeage and I'm forwarding to this list to see if
anyone
>can help?

>> The only socket I could find in Maplin had a pin thingy for
connecting
>> the center wire but nothing for the outer shielding.

Have a look for insulated sockets.  Normal BNCs assume that the screen
connection will be to the panel, which might not be what you want (for
reasons of earth loops etc).  Farnell and RS both sell insulated BNCs with
solder connections, one for pin, one for screen.  They're a little bit more
expensive, but may save you other troubles in the long run... Maplin might
sell them too, but I'm not sure.  Farnell (http://www.farnell.com) has a
minimum order of =A310 for non-account customers, but postage is free.

Nigel

Learn2 Avoid Junk Mail. Learn2 Shop for Bargain Airfares. Learn2 =

Weatherize Your Home. Learn2 Speak Wine. Learn2 Get by in French. =

Learn2 Negotiate a Raise.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/965
 =

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying