Re: A Salutory tale...

> The annoying thing is, I contacted that 2nd supplier today, (PRC Hifi
&
> Video), and their price has now gone up to £429, as it is a new batch
at a
> new price...

I have delt with PRC and they are very good. I would tell them your
dissapointing tale and maybe they'll see pity on you. It's worth a try at
least

> I don't actually know if they _HAVE_ charged my card yet, I will check
with
> the card company shortly, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt
(for
> now), and assume that they have not, which as you correctly say is the
> normal arrangement, so I hopefully shouldn't have any problems
there...

No. The normal arrangement for most companies, is they clear your card ***
ONE SECOND *** after you've placed your order. Most annoying, unfair, and
WRONG. See what they say.

Good luck, and sorry to others on the list, but I think we all agree that
this needs to be sorted

I'd be interested in the outcome, but don't post to the list send it to me
at mikeh@xxxxxxx

What make of amp was it, by interest ?

Regards

Mike

Looking for the hottest sports memorabilia or sporting goods
specials? eBay has thousands of trading cards, sports autographs
and collectibles.You never know what you might find at eBay!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1143

-- 20 megs of disk space in your eGroup's Document Vault
-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1