Re: A Salutory tale...

At 17:55 11/11/99 -0000, you wrote:
>I would then go and buy it at the other place and pay =A35 more
>
>This way, you will at least STOP them making any profit out of you and
give
>the profit to the next supplier who sounds like he deserves it more.

Actually, under the Sale of Goods Act, you could then demand the extra =A35
from av-store.  As they had entered into a contract with you (which they
can't deny if they have debited your card), they are obliged to fulfil it.
=
=20

For such a small amount, it's probably not worth pursuing them for, but it
would be worth pointing out that you are letting them off lightly by _just_
asking for a refund- you could demand the full =A3429+ carriage or whatever
it reasonably costs to get the equipment from someone who _can_ deliver,
and probably an amount for the interest accruing on your credit card.

If you are prepared to 'let them off' with just a refund if they credit
your card immediately, to save them an appearance in the small claims
court, they might suddenly turn co-operative ;-)

And thanks for the warning about the store.

Nigel

A shopper=92s dream come true! Find practically anything on earth at eBay!
Come and browse the more than 2 million items up for bid at any time.
You never know what you might find at eBay!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1140

-- Create a poll/survey for your eGroup!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=3Dukha_d&m=3D1