Re: A Salutory tale...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: A Salutory tale...
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:28:23 GMT

I would have cancelled in that 5:05 phone call - had I been able to speak
a person. However, I left a message on their machine demanding that they do
call me back between 09:30 and 10:00 tomorrow morning, otherwise I will
call
them at 10:01 and cancel. If they _DO_ call me as demanded, I will also
cancel, unless they tell me that it is already on a lorry headed for my
house, and I will receive it the same day, which is the only delivery I
will
accept from them

The annoying thing is, I contacted that 2nd supplier today, (PRC Hifi &
Video), and their price has now gone up to £429, as it is a new batch at a
new price...

I don't actually know if they _HAVE_ charged my card yet, I will check with
the card company shortly, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (for
now), and assume that they have not, which as you correctly say is the
normal arrangement, so I hopefully shouldn't have any problems there...

Oh well, by hook or by crook, I'll get my ampliier one day....

Cheers.

Paul.

>From: "Mike Huggins" <mikeh@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: A Salutory tale...
>Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:55:24 -0000
>
>If I were you I would call them up at 9am tomorrow and CANCEL the
order, at
>the same time DEMANDING that they credit your card for any and all
amounts
>cleared. I would also ensure that you get the person's name who you are
>speaking to, and pregerably speak to the manager personally. They
should
>NOT
>have cleared your card anyway, as it goes against the accepted rule -
as
>specified by the card companies - that you only clear the card when you
>actually SHIP the goods.
>
>They entered in at least contract with you when they gave definate
dates
>(even though that spanned a week). They have therefore broken that
>contract.
>It is also possibily illegal for them to advertise that they have it
>available for "next day delivery".
>
>I would also send them a Registered Letter also confirming the
cancellation
>and a request that you get confirmation in writing by a specified date
>(within 2-3 days)
>
>I would then go and buy it at the other place and pay £5 more
>
>This way, you will at least STOP them making any profit out of you and
give
>the profit to the next supplier who sounds like he deserves it more.
>
>Unless you see a REAL e-commerse system, which can give REAL stock
figures
>(ie: 10 in stock, or whatever), you can never be sure whether their
system
>is a proper e-commerse program. Simply displaying a product and letting
you
>order it is easy. But setting up a proper system is somewhat more
difficult
>and at the very least requires a 24 net connection (leased line), plus
an
>NT
>server, and an ODBC compliant database. All of these things sound a
little
>beyond the company you chose.
>
>Oh well...
>
>Hope you sort it out
>
>Good luck
>
>Mike

implies between
> > Monday 8th - Wednesday 10th Nov).
> >
> > Wednesday 10th has come & gone, and I still have not had my
goods, nor
>any
> > phone calls from them. undeterred, I have attempted to call them
again
>today
> > (Thursday 11th) - I have tried to call the depot every 5 minutes
for
>about
>3
> > hours, and intermittently for another 3 hours - probably a good
40 or so
> > phone call attempts - all unsuccessfull, their depot is just not
>answering
> > the phone. I _have_ been able to contact them on the sales
number, and
>have
> > done so on two seperate occasions today, each time asking for,
and being
> > promised a call back to give me a straight answer. Needless to
say, I
>have
> > recieved no phone calls from them. The second time I spoke to
them (at
>about
> > 3:30PM) I expressed my annoyance, and requested (and was
promised) a
>call
> > back by 5PM at the latest. As already mentioned, I did not get
any such
>call
> > back, so I called them a 3rd time today at 5:05PM, only to get an
>answering
> > machine telling me the office was closed for the day.
> >
> > So, my alleged "next day" order, is now 14 days
overdue, and I still
>cannot
> > get a straight answer out of them telling me when they might feel
like
>they
> > can be bothered to deliver my goods. - I get the distinct
impression
>that
> > these people are a bunch of cowboys or rip-off merchants.
Fortunately,

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1