Re: Structured approach to cabling

At 13:10 13/05/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Comfort recommend using screened if possible.  It was possible...we
used it
>:-)

OK.

>Hmmmmm....now you're being contrary!  Why didn't I use unscreen where I
used
>screened and why didn't I use screened where I used unscreened!!!
>
>Cause I don't need screened twisted pair is the simple answer :-)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be difficult.  I just was wondering first of all
if it was needed- Ray(?) said it is recommended for keypads, I presume it
could use ordinary alarm cable for the other sensors, as someone mentioned
comfort could be used to replace an existing box.

And, as you needed screened, I was wondering if FTP would do the same job.
I'm wiring up the house slowly, and trying to leave it as open as possible
for what I connect- if running a couple of sets of FTP to each room from
the hub is worthwhile, I'll do it!  8 wire untwisted screened doesn't seem
as multi-purpose.

I'll just sit down and shut up now... sometimes email just doesn't help ;-)

Nigel

Too much effort to find the stock info you want each day? StockMaster
lets you enter a company name and quickly shows you a daily quote,
chart, and news all on one page. Free! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/71

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying
group communications