Re: Structured approach to cabling

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Structured approach to cabling
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:42:18 +0100

At 09:42 13/05/99 +0100, you wrote:
>been used - 2.2 Kilometres of CAT5, 600 Metres of speaker wire, 1.3
>Kilometres of 8 core screened Alarm cable (for Comfort Alarm)

Does the alarm cable need to be screened?  I'd usually seen alarms wired
with ordinary 8-core- is it for some special functions, or just to make it
more reliable?  Any reason you didn't use FTP (foil-screened twisted pair)
instead of UTP?  Is it just that FTP is more expensive?

Nigel

Too much effort to find the stock info you want each day? StockMaster
lets you enter a company name and quickly shows you a daily quote,
chart, and news all on one page. Free! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/71

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying
group communications