Choosing PIR sensors

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Choosing PIR sensors
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:17:58 +0100

OK, I've read the assorted Comfort documentation and reviews, and I'm
hooked!  All thoughts of rolling my own HA system have gone temporarily out
the window, and I'll hopefully be ordering one soon!

It will also replace my current alarm system, and I'm planning to add some
extra sensors at the same time, which is where my question comes in- anyone
got any recommendations for good, nice looking, reliable PIRs?  There are
about 101 suppliers, and I'd normally just try a couple of promising ones
and get my favourite- if anyone has any recommendations to start with, that
would be great though... particularly if anyone has used the dual
(microwave/PIR) ones.

They will be used for HA as well as security (which I know shouldn't really
affect things)

Thanks,

Nigel

@Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service
Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for
30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/218

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications