Re: LBS statrter kits/CAT-5 vid distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LBS statrter kits/CAT-5 vid distribution
  • From: Chris King <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 00:16:28 +0000

Hi all,

Firstly, I can recommend LBS's services to Kieran as a first step in =
experimenting with home automation - I ordered a kit (#8) about a week ago
=
and have achieved great results so far (many thanks to Mark for the =
pointers).  Although after upgrading to the Beta version of ActiveHome from
=
the AH website the software refuses to talk to the X-10 CM12 =
controller/interface.

The video-over-CAT-5 stuff is of great interest to me.  I recently had the
=
house rewired and put in CAT-5 for the 'phones and computers but screwed up
=
with the video distribution (SCART lines to a central Pro-Logic decoder =
with several video-in lines) - the wires I've used produce crap washy =
colours and images that are badly defined.  I'd also be interested in =
opinions on the HomeVision stuff as I have a Linn Knekt system that I'd =
like to incorporate into the bigger picture.

Cheers,
Chris King.
Whitby, North Yorkshire.
(any typos are the sole responsibilty of the Psion disorganizer's keyboard
=
on which this email was composed)