Re: VGA to TV converters

On Thursday, November 05, 1998 6:52 PM, James Derrick [SMTP:james@xxxxxxx]
wrote:

> I had discounted the idea of sending audio through UTP and decided to
> put a PC next to the HiFi to play MP3, record science programs on R4,
> etc.=20
>
> Linux running BladeEnc MP3 encoder makes an excellent tape recorder-
> set a job to record the favorites, and listen to them when you have
> the time via a Samba mounted drive, Windows and WinAmp.=20
>
> That way the audio moves around via Ethernet. UHF headphones as have
> started appearing in Dixons seemed annother alternative.
>
> It looks like you know a better way!

The results over CAT5 are superb for the price and use your existing AV
equipment. That said, I am also looking at using MP3 as I have over
4000 singles that I would like to transfer to a playable format. There is
nothing
wrong with vinyl....its just that all my turntables are buried in the loft
!!!

On the subject of cordless headphones......
I was being dragged round one of the local discount stored by my wife
when I spotted a set of IR cordless headphones for 3-99. I thought that
they must be complete and utter crap but as I had nothing better to do
I would look at them. Opening the box revealed a mains PSU 9V 200mA
and a reasonably stylish transmitter unit. I bought a set just for the PSU
and the transmitter which I though I could use as an enclosure for an IR
project of some sort. When I got home I plugged then in and tried them out.
They sound pretty reasonable especially considering the price !!!!!!!
Not Hifi, Not Stereo, but fine for listening to the TV in bed without
annoying
she who must be obeyed. Also worth buying just to disassemble for parts.

I think the brandname was "Innovation"

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

Setup your own FREE forum. You control access to your message board
and chat room. Great for families, workgroups, special interests,
businesses, alumni groups ...
http://www.delphi.com/eg

<<application/ms-tnef>>