Re: VGA to TV converters

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: VGA to TV converters
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 14:27:03 +0000

>Applied Technologies Manufacturing Ltd
>The Old Chapel
>Winlaton Mill
>Blaydon-on-Tyne

That's all of about a mile from my house!  Thanks for the info- must pop
round and have a word with them ;-)

>As to distributing Video over CAT5......I currently have prototypes
>in use of units sending
>1.	Composite Video, Stereo Audio and IR data
>2.	SVGA
>over CAT5 with superb results. AV had been sent well over 600 metres
>and SVGA is running a 37" monitor 170 metres from the PC.

How much circuitry does the composite video take?  Is it just an impedance
match, or do you need more power for drivers etc?  I'd only be sending it
down a short length (maybe up to 10m of cat-5), with audio on the other
pairs (possibly IR at a later date, but it would probably be on another
cable)- is that likely to work straight off down the cable?

Nigel
--
Nigel Orr                  Research Associate   O   ______
Underwater Acoustics Group,              o / o    \_/(