Line level audio

Hi,

I've been following the distributed audio discussuion and I have a couple
of (hopefully) simple questions.

I would like to link my computer sound card (in an upstairs office) to
my HiFi (downstairs). For simplicity I will be running the cable up to
the loft across the roof space and down a convenient duct to the kitchen,
through the wall into the lounge, a distance of about 25m. Is this
possible without booster electronics ?  What kind of cable should I use
and how much should I expect to pay ?  I do not have any desire (or see
a future requirement for) video signals but I may want to add ethernet
capabilities, I do not mind installing an additional cable for this at
a later date.

Has anyone used a clip on radio mic instead of multiple mics in each room
for voice control ?  My local Tandy was selling them off cheap and it set
me thinking ...

Alex.