Re: No Subject

On Friday, November 06, 1998 9:05 AM, Kieran Broadfoot
[SMTP:Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Following on from the distributed audio theme thats been discussed
recently,
> one way this could be done easily would be to distribute the audio
around the
> house via CAT5 and then build your own set of speakers with a small
amplifer
> and RJ45 socket built in.  I was looking at an old pair of speakers I
have at
> home last night and with some decent shielding there is more than
enough space
> to add a small amp kit and a RJ45 socket.  Hence all you need in each
room is
> just two speakers.  It would probably look nicer than a pair of
speakers and an
> amp in each room.
>
> I am of course presuming we are talking about distributing line level
audio
> around the house rather than amplified levels ;-)

Absolutely.
And line level composite or S-video.
Volume control is better done at the destination rather than the source as
this keeps the line level nice and high thus providing even more immunity
to noise and interference. I will be publishing designs for a remotely
controlled
volume control in the near future.

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation