RE: NTL Broadband queries

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NTL Broadband queries
  • From: "Dan Khan" <dhk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:06:30 -0000

My installation:

Coax comes in (I assume this is ct100):

* Living room
* Garage

NTL are fairly helpful about where they put these connections.

The cable comes in through the wall (or wherever) and terminates in a wall
box.  Opening up this wall box shows a TV/FM isolator box with incoming
f-connect input, and two f-connector outputs: one for FM and one for TV.
Another piece of coax connects your set top box to the wall box.

The box I have in my garage is just the same as the one in the lounge (I
guess split from the main incoming line).  This uses coax again to link the
wall box to the cable modem.

The wall boxes are surface mounted, with a funny sloping cover at the top.

Whilst you have the installers there, it would be very wise to ask them to
leave you an extra length of terminated-coax should you ever need to move
your furniture etc. and your cable is too short - they did this for me no
problems!

HTH.

-Dan