Re: NTL Broadband queries

Paul,

Obviously you have decided on NTL, but did you get any feedback on
HomeChoi=
ce?
Has anyone here got the tv or internet package?
Unfortunately in Greenwich NTL is not available, so choices are=20
either BT ADSL or HomeChoice.

My brother has NTL and is very happy with it apart from occasional
downtime=
..
I enclose his reply to your questions....you will like his final comment!!
>from
avoid problems.

Regards,

Martin

At 10:43 am +0000 21/11/01, a greenwoodNTL wrote:
>Last time service was bad was when you traded those shares a while
ago,so
>98% reliable I'd say,
>if cable modem service packs up some times you can still use dial up
which
>is FREE anyway, sometimes both are affected.
>they have changed cable modem at least twice since my 3com, now a
Terayon
>TeraJet 210 which you can use with USB but obviously network card far
>better,but I've had no problems with modem
>
>I think modem cable comes into house with phone cable, cable looks like
co=
ax
>into modem  from small wall box (we dont have set top box) them rj45
out,
>some models use crossover cable into PC some straight,
>i have networked my 2 pc's together now using a crossover cable more
NIC's
>and some bootleg routing software and they both run well off the one
modem=
..
>So shout if you want the software.
>
>http://www.ntlworld.com/
>
>hi-speed packages up to 512 Kbps
>option 1
>Pay a monthly subscription of =A334.98 or =A339.98 (depending if you
buy o=
>rent* the cable modem) which includes our entry-level digital cable
>television service and the rental of a telephone line** + subscription
>our Hi-Speed broadband Internet service.
>option 2
>Pay a monthly subscription of =A329.98 or =A334.98 (depending if you
buy o=
>rent* the cable modem) which includes the rental of a telephone line***
+
>subscription to our Hi-Speed broadband Internet service.
>option 3
>Pay a monthly subscription of =A319.99 and purchase an ntl:home -
approved
>cable modem for a one-off charge of =A3149, this is in addition to your
>existing ntl:home package****.
>option 4
>Pay a monthly subscription of =A324.99 which includes the rental of the
ca=
ble