Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Bush Internet Surf Set

Re: [OT] Camcorder advice

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Camcorder advice
  • From: "Steve Clark" <steevc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:33:54 -0000

We just bought a JVC GVL150 DV camcorder. Under 400 squid! Just got
back from our holiday so I need to get a firewire card and do some
editing. Probably getting the Pinnacle Studio DV. The intention is to
produce SVCD to play on our DVD. I'm trying to get away from video
tapes. In the longer term, DVD writers are getting cheaper.

It's all got very cheap these days :-)

Steve

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> DV is prob the best Paul.  Tapes are 1 hour or 1.5 on long play.
They put out composite and S-Video, wonder where you'd get a box of
tricks to allow you to send that over a CAT5 to another location ?? :)

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp