Latest message you have seen: Re: OT: Wake-On-LAN

Re: [OT] Camcorder advice

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Camcorder advice
  • From: allan.smith@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:05:55 -0000

Rather than use the Camera to do the permanent record, why not stick
a video recorder in the other room and use 180 min tapes with long
play, solves your problem on tape capacity, or leave video in the
room with the camera, and pipe the output to the TV using KAT5?
Regards
Allan

> --- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> > DV is prob the best Paul.  Tapes are 1 hour or 1.5 on long play.
> They put out composite and S-Video, wonder where you'd get a box of
> tricks to allow you to send that over a CAT5 to another
location ?? :)

> > M.

will
> be
> >   required. We're looking for advice on:
> >
> >   Which camcorder format to recommend
> >   Which particular model to recommend
> >   advice on how to set up the remote monitoring, - i.e. whether
> send
> >   composite or modulated video etc.
> >
> >   Thanks in advance guys, - as I know you'll come up trumps!
(this