Re: X-10 Wall Switch Pushbutton Repair

On 11/6/2016 8:19 AM, Beaver wrote:
> Hey everybody.  I used to be very active on this group, but I have not posted in many years.  I think we have all dealt with X-10 wall switches with bad pushbuttons (the WS-467 variety), and after collecting a few bad switches I decided to figure out a more robust repair.  This involves using a standard tactile pushbutton switch in the place of the flimsy metal spring in the original design.
>
> Here is a write-up:
> http://www.edcheung.com/automa/button.htm
>
> FYI, My Home Automation system components are here:
> http://www.edcheung.com/automa/ha.htm
>
> - Dr. Edward Cheung

Good to see someone posting here.  I check it daily.  I think most
people have gotten away from Usenet, unfortunately.  But I guess the
true dinosaurs still lurk here.  I have read many of your articles and I
still use X10 stuff everywhere in my house.  I even used a whole house
code for Halloween stuff in front of my house.  I tried to use one of
the so called Powerflash modules to send an X10 signal whenever someone
gets between the sensors in front.  This turns on other stuff and alerts
me in the house.  I've found the Powerflash module to be highly
unreliable.  I've finally dumped it and have gone to a outlet box module
(XPT3) to send an X10 signal when a low voltage connection is made. It
works well.