X-10 Wall Switch Pushbutton Repair

Hey everybody.  I used to be very active on this group, but I have not post=
ed in many years.  I think we have all dealt with X-10 wall switches with b=
ad pushbuttons (the WS-467 variety), and after collecting a few bad switche=
s I decided to figure out a more robust repair.  This involves using a stan=
dard tactile pushbutton switch in the place of the flimsy metal spring in t=
he original design.

Here is a write-up:
http://www.edcheung.com/automa/button.htm

FYI, My Home Automation system components are here:
http://www.edcheung.com/automa/ha.htm

- Dr. Edward Cheung