Re: Why I won't be buying a Nest Protect

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:18:50 -0400, "Josepi" <J.RM.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WTF would anybody want a thermostat on Wi-Fi to remote control it anyway?

Do you need to curse when disagreeing? It doesn't add to your credibility.

> Get a programmable unit, with a vacation setting and set it up and forget
> about it.

That will not offer any help if the occupant decides to change the date for
the end of their vacation/absence.

> Or perhaps you want Google to control your heat for you? Maybe spy on you so
> they know when you are home?
>
> Talk about abuse of technology.

You appear to write as a salaryman with a single home who has no concept of,
let alone empathy with, others with very different lifestyles. The fact that
your situation can not benefit from a remotely controllable thermostat does
not make other people who can benefit into abusers of anything.