Re: Active Home Pro on Windows 8 anyone?

On Friday, April 12, 2013 11:27:27 PM UTC-4, cameo wrote:
> I've been using the Active Home Pro software to control X10 devices with=
=20
>=20
> a CM15A controller since Windows XP, then on Windows 7, and even though=
=20
>=20
> that software has not been updated, I am wonderig if I could also use it=
=20
>=20
> now with Windows 8. Has anybody tried it on Win 8? Otherwise I might=20
>=20
> have to keep my old PC around because I could not contol my X10 devices=
=20
>=20
> without this software.

I can't seem to get it to work properly in Windows 8.  I have been able to =
finally install the ActiveHome software, but it will not take any of my plu=
gins.  Keeps giving me the error about "count not communicate with network =
server error 1".  So I tried installing the software onto my Windows XP lap=
top, guess what?  Same thing!  I don't know what the problem is but I wish =
someone would help!