PCIMINI and Quickloader I can't get them to locate my P801 any ideas

I have Quickloader on an XP desktop with the PCImini connected to Com 1 the
computer says the Com is working correctly but I can't communicate with the
P801.
 I have tried to write the program then download, tried to read the panel,
tried both with the PCI plugged in while programming, and not plugged into
unit until download.
 Still no communication.
Any Ideas