Re: X-10 RF home automation being overwhelmed by M2 OFF, C2 OFF and Gxx DIM signals

"bob haller" <hallerb@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> i had a problem once with AM radio interference on the channels i
> liked.other channels werent affected
>
> traced to my new remote control motion detector lamp. it was junk
> quality i tossed it in the trash
>
> put a offending XM on a UPS, see if its still spazing, then unplug
> from line, and check again.
>
> if it spazes on a unplugged UPS you know its radio interference.
>
> a local ham club radio amatuers may be happy to help you find the cause

Thanks Bob.  I think I've proved to myself that it's a strong outside signal
because in my plaster and lathwork house, RF signals often don't go more
than 15'.  These signals reached every corner of the house and an area 200'
in diameter with the house in the center.  One thing a friend reminded of is
that I am a few 100 yards away from the tallest building for 5 miles and
it's bristling with antennas on the roof.  Who knows what's coming out of
them?

--
Bobby G.