Re: X-10 RF home automation being overwhelmed by M2 OFF, C2 OFF and Gxx DIM signals

On Sep 16, 5:50=A0pm, "Robert Green" <robert_green1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I now have a 1000W Haier Grill/
> > Convection/Microwave combo that seems immune (so far).
>
> I was going to buy that same unit! =A0What do you think of it? =A0The 25 =
year
> old Litton isn't going to last forever.

I'm pleased with the oven but not happy with Haier America. I bought a
new but slightly dented unit, saving about $50 including shipping over
a pristine one from Amazon with free shipping but it's missing a user
manual and a couple of plastic feet on its bottom. They have an email
link on their web page but have ignored 3 emails. I'll try their 800
number next week. I've had a hectic couple of weeks from a reaction to
a change in medication (and from frequent visits from the team of
nurses and techs the VA's Home Based Primary Care program has assigned
me) so haven't gotten around to it yet. If you buy one, you can make
me a copy of the manual if I still need one. It's a lot more
complicated than a plain old microwave and I haven't figured out all
the secret handshakes yet.

Had you populated the BX24-AHT board you got, it reports RF signal
strength so might have made a crude direction finder with the right
antenna. You can get some highly directional yagi antennas that are
printed circuits which would help even more.