Re: Do these exist: "Instant on" or very rapid start CFL???

"Art Todesco" <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
.
<stuff snipped>

> You know, the funny thing is that I have had both good and bad with
> x10.  In my old house, in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago, it
> worked, but to a point.  I couldn't have too many modules, or the
> signals would get swamped.  I tried using the X10 amplifier/phase
> repeater and the results were disastrous.  So I had to go with a
> passive phase coupler.  It would continuously send out random x10
> commands which were apparently triggered off noise.  But, for the
> most part, if I "obeyed the rules"  it worked.  Here in the western
> mountains of NC, I use that amplifier/phase coupler, and it works
> perfectly.  I am basically using 1 house code and all 16 channels.
> I do have a motion detector on another house code.  I do
> occasionally see an anomaly, but they are few and far between.

I agree.  Some locations everything works fine, others, not so good.  I had
two repeaters, a Leviton and an X-10 model and neither compared to the XTB
repeater because the XTB boosts the signal to 25V whereas most X-10 gear
transmits with 5V or less.  Long cable runs, shoplights, UPS's and switched
power supplies all eat into the X-10 signal in various ways.  The XTB cuts
through them all.

Jeff's XTB gear is superbly designed, thoroughly tested and flawlessly
assembled.  The kits he's built for me look machine soldered.

http://jvde.us/xtb_index.htm

--
Bobby G.