Re: Photo frame recommendations

Try to find one in the stores. Eeverytime I see one for the last two years
they are tgone when I come back.

I bought a Sony frame and they are Wi-Fi but mostly depnedant on internal
memory, another uPNP server with memory and constant connection (wired or
wireless) or their service. I haven't experienced their "service" yet but
after first initialization it takes a "Service" to set the time zone on the
damn clock!

Nice part about their "service" is that others can remotely dump pictures
into their frame via the online website. This is similar to the old dial-up
frames from Ceiva except with better algorythms and access.

BTW: The Ceiva frame had a not-bad interface from remote but the resolution,
clarity and brightness was a POS. AVoid them. I don't beliebe they have
improved any from their first 320 x 240 pixel (shhh..it's a well kept
secret) garbage. Sony's service is free...for now and I am sure there is a
tonne of features that you can pay for YMMV.

THe frame is long and nasty to setup with a home server but once associated
with everything pictures and time on/off are just a click away with a remote
that has an amazing 2-3 feet range. Vidoe files are playable but not over
Wi-Fi. The hiccups can last 5 seconds each.

I have been watching these frames for years and what is out there is mostly
junk that doesn't work the way you want it. It's easy to tell by the
box...they never say anything you can "put your finger on"

The future has to be brighter.

A laptop would be the only answer from what I have seen out there so far.

"Fergus McMenemie" <fergus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Marcus,

Thanks very much. £117 is its current price, and it appears to meet
most of the requirements. The fact that it is being activly maintained
is also a plus.