Photo frame recommendations

I am very keen of the idea of a electronic photo frame to let me mother
see what is happening within the family. I bought a photo frame a few
years ago and it turned out to be a disaster which she unplugged and now
keeps in the wardrobe. It was an utter pain.

        Clock needed reset after any power interruption
        Photo storage was tiny
        Photos needed custom preparation for the frame
        Frame, which was used in the bedroom, was like leaving the TV on
all night.
        Awkward to set clocks and the frames inactive periods.

I was struck by how many subtle human factors had been missed by the
designers. Looking around the shelves at PC world, I am now struck by
how the availability of any cheap feature now means it has to be
included in the frame. After this experience and some thought I am now
looking for.

   - RSS or ATOM based control what the frame displays
   - Photos are downloaded and cached in the frame, (does not
          re-download each photo again and again.)
   - Say one 1GB, plus ability to use USB and memory cards
   - NTP or SNTP based automatic clock setting
   - Wireless LAN with WPA
   - DHCP and fixed IP addressing
   - No sound/RC/clocks/alarms or other non picture frame functions
         (or at least ones that can be disabled.)
   - No touch screen, or one that can be disabled. (to deal with
         dusters and small kids!)
   - Does not depend on special services such as flicker
   - (optional) Can display HTML pages
   - (optional) Web based admin functions
   - (optional) https/http support
   - (advanced) Combined time and light/dark sensing to disable frame
   - (advanced) Combined time and noise sensing to enable frame

Reviewing the market it looks as though some of the Samgsung frames are
good, but the 'tech specs' do not really cover much.

Any ideas, recommendations or comments.