Re: Motion Sensor Light for Front Entrance

"ransley" <Mark_Ransley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sep 8, 11:21 am, Mark Lloyd <mll...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:10:00 -0700, trader4 wrote:
> > I've only seen this happen when you use the wrong X10 switch, ie the one
> > with no neutral. Then the CFL will partially light all the time
> > because that switch relies on a small current flowing in the circuit to
> > power the X10 switch electronics.
>
> ALL X10 switches, relay or not will pass current through the load at all
> times. This can partially light the CFL.
>
> --
> 108 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
> 12:00:00 AM).
>
> Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.us
>
> I believe in life before breakfast.

<The relay wont partialy pass power at all when its not triggered, I
have 3, x10 outdoor motion sensors, the old style that hard mount and
they pass no power my 10 outdoor cfl lights dont flicker at all, I
have purchased maybe 10, x10 sensors  in 20 years. The interior
modules do pass some power that allows flickering.>

The floodlights are really an exception and don't have current sensing (and
thus trickling) built-in.  That's because they are not the kind of lights
that would ever be operated "locally" which is X-10's term for using the
lamp's built-in switch to "tell" the X-10 module (by the interruption in
trickle current flow) that the user has toggled the lamp switch and to turn
on the module.  I have not tried them with CFLs, but I will be doing that
shortly.

--
Bobby G.