Re: Infrared control gadgets?

Very nice!

That is one feature that the sat PVR had on it was "jump forward x seconds"
and "jump back x/2 seconds". Since switching to the cable PVR I really miss
it. I may switch back just for that feature alone. The FF and REW really
stinks for commercial bashing. Apparently Bev patented it.

"Bob F" <bobnospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have 4 tuner cards, for a total of 6 channels I can record. BeyondTV runs
"smartskip" program after it records, where it marks the location of
commercial
breaks. Then, when you see a commercial start, you can push a button on the
remote to skip to the end of the commercial. It is pretty accurate on analog
tuners (which includes analog output from the cable boxes). It is less
accurate
for digital channels (for me, QAM cable channels). The remote also has skip
forward or backward buttons for if the commercial marking is not so good,
which
is much faster than fast forwarding of VCRs or DVDs.

I have one tuner for analog TV (cable), 2 QAM tuners, which could be used
for
over the air HDTV, and 3 analog tuners getting signals from the cable boxes
(non-HDTV). Cards - 1-PVR250, 1-PVR350 (both Hauppauge), an Avermedia M780,
and
an ATI equivalent to that I don't remember the number for. Most of the cards
can
also receive FM, although there is no easy way to setup for recording that.

The TV tuners all work off a TV guide type display. See something you want,
click a couple time, and it records it. Or program it to record all
episodes,
all new episodes, etc. of any given program.