Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

"DerbyDad03" <teamarrows@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:b9183ce6-150d-439e-a551-b44ca59b3475@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Apr 19, 12:50 pm, "Robert Green" <robert_green1...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I've got the typical minivan keyless entry keychain fob but it's got a
> serious design problem.
>
> The buttons depress too easily and often accidentally when the fob is
pushed
> into a pocket or a purse.

<stuff snipped>

<<Here's what worked for my wife's 2005 Ford Taurus, with the factory
installed anti-theft system:

1 - Have an after-market Remote Starter installed. You will get a fob
specific to that starter.
2 - Whenever you exit the vehicle, lock the doors with the switch
mounted on the door, not with the Remote Starter fob.

You will never accidentally (or intentially) unlock the doors with the
Remote Starter fob, because...

The Ford's anti-theft system is set up so that if the doors are locked
with internal door switch, it arms the system such that the *only* fob
that will unlock the doors is the factory fob, which, of course, is
hanging on the hook at home because you only carry the Remote Starter
fob.>>

Not sure I understand this, but as noted, this is a handicapped van and the
ramp deployment system requires the fob.  It's an integral part of the
problem solution and as such, needs to be prevent from opening the door and
deploying the ramp onto a car that might be parked next to me.

Thanks for the input, though, DDIII.

--
Bobby G.