Re: I need an out of the house remote

Yes I too junked all my X10 RF receivers for the WGLdesigns V572A years ago.
What a world of difference.
I have the V572A's antenna up near the peak of my attic.

The X10 motion sensor I spoke about is inside my garage (it is an "indoors"
model -- I don't know the difference between indoors/outdoor models).
I have not seen a problem with the motion sensor during extremes of
temperature.
But I live in Southern California and cold here means 50 degrees F.

Also all my X10 RF broadcast to the WGLdesigns V572A which I believe greatly
contributes to reliability (both RF reception and powerline transmission of
command).
In fact I use RF palmpads many places now I used to use wired X10
mini-controllers.

Only problem with the WGLdesigns V572A is it's not cheap.

<99av@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The X10 appliance switches that others have mentioned (best to get from
> Ebay as suggested) work well.
>
> To get the distance you need from the RF remote, see:
> http://www.wgldesigns.com/index.html
>
> I have used the V572 RF Whole House Transceiver for about 8 years now, and
> it works great.  I can control things from the keyfob remotes from well
> beyond what the typical X10 receiver covers.
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Artemus wrote:
>

>> "mm" <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> I meant to say that I already see
>>> http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ws467.htm  I guess that is ws467 , for
>>> 13 dollars.  That would be fine if but it doesn't say what the wattage