Re: I need an out of the house remote

"mm" <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mqevs5d6pf8e62ueqc86h6jm1c2fuudh1f@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:51:19 -0400, mm <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >A friend has 4 or probably 8 floodlights on a wall switch inside his
> >house about 3 feet from the front wall.
> >
> >I would like to replace the wall switch with some sort of X10 wall
> >switch, that will handle 8 floodlights, 800 watts maybe.  There is no
> >need for dimming.
>
> I meant to say that I already see
> http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ws467.htm  I guess that is ws467 , for
> 13 dollars.  That would be fine if but it doesn't say what the wattage
> is.

The ws467 is rated at 600 watts.   Can you divide the light circuit and
use 2 ws467's with 1/2 the lights on each?  They can both be set to the
same house&unit code and all the lights will go on/off together.  Another
option is to only use 50watt bulbs instead of 100w ones.

A Wireless Transceiver TM751 and a key fob KR10A-SC may work
at 50' but probably not at 100'.  My HR12A transmitter has better range
but is larger.  Putting the 751 as close to the driveway as possible will help.

Art