Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 06:58:20 -0400, "Robert Green"
<robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"John Perry" <jpnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> We have just converted our bungalow to run off LED lighting.
>>
>> All incandescent and fluorescent bulbs are out and in their place are
>> 100 GU10 LED lights that consume 3W each.  Not all lights are on at
>> the same time.  I have put them in fire cowls that normally house 50W
>> halogen bulbs, but since these lights give off very little heat, the
>> cowls can be covered with fibreglass and can be unventilated.
>>
>> I'm very impressed with the results and have decided not to use X-10
>> to control them.
>>
>> Comments?
>
>Sure.  Have you tried them with X-10?  If so, what were the issues?  What
>will you be using instead?

No, not using them with X-10 as they use so little power.  The best
ones I have found are 78LED and 12 SMD LED devices; 12 GU10s light my
study very well.  I use warm LEDS  in all rooms except one where I am
using daylight LEDs.  Also, no failures in 20 GU10 LEDS installed 2
years ago.  We have 116 GU10 LEDS in the house using no more than 3W
each and never more than 33% on at a time.  A significant cost saving.