Re: fridge/freezer temp and RF?

"Bill Kearney" wrote:

> Does anyone make a fridge/freezer alarm that uses RF for remote displays?
> And are they compatible with other computer RF interfaces (like the weather
> units).

GRI makes a "ThermStat-1 Programmable Digital Thermal Sensor" that retails for
about $67.  The unit mounts outside the freezer, usually to a wall. You'll
need a remote probe (about $15) to place inside the freezer.  It has dual form
C outputs which you could connect to any RF transmitter you want.  Linear, for
example, makes inexpensive transmitters and receivers.

I sell the above stuff online.  So do a few hundred other online stores.

Another alternative, which I don't sell, is the "Chaney 00985 Wireless
Refrigerator and Freezer Thermometer", which may be more handy in your
situation since the RF component is included in the package.  There are lots
of online stores selling that one.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass