Re: fridge/freezer temp and RF?

> GRI makes a "ThermStat-1 Programmable Digital Thermal Sensor" that retails
> for about $67.  The unit mounts outside the freezer, usually to a wall.
> You'll need a remote probe (about $15) to place inside the freezer.

Yes, that does look like an interesting solution.   It's listed as being
able to monitor up to four sensors and also water and door contacts.  So is
that four sensors total (a mix of temp and the water/door) or 4 temp and
also one water and one door?  I've been thinking of putting a floor water
sensor in that area also.

> It has dual form C outputs which you could connect to any RF transmitter
> you want.  Linear, for example, makes inexpensive transmitters and
> receivers.

Which systems work with the "least hassle" with PC automation solutions?

> Another alternative, which I don't sell, is the "Chaney 00985 Wireless
> Refrigerator and Freezer Thermometer", which may be more handy in your
> situation since the RF component is included in the package.  There are
> lots of online stores selling that one.

Do you know if it's RF data can be monitored from a PC?  Or more
importantly, is there an existing PC solution that's known to do it, not an
assemblage of hacks (I have enough of THOSE already).

-Bill