Re: USB module for monitoring multiple on/off switches

"Josepi" <JRM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> No. The word is bus. Something travels down a path or a strip of conductor
> with multiple take off points. There is and never was such a thing as a Buss
> bar. "Buss" has always only been the name of a fuse company and is confused
> by many electrical people. English words are usually only changed by
> USanians.
>
> "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Josepi" <JRM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Makes sense and cheap but you did mention serial port.
>>>
>>> WTF is a "buss"? (obviously you work in the electrical field)
>>
>> Manufacturer of fuses, and probably a bunch of stuff I'm not aware of.
>> Also (and I don't know if this comes from the manufacturer, or some
>> alternate source), a "buss bar" is a power or ground bar in a circuit
>> breaker panel.
>>
>> The name has leaked over to become an occasional alternate spelling of
>> "bus" -- it happens enough I'm not even sure I'd call it a mis-spelling.

I've seen too many references that are older than I am to buss bars to
categorically say the term is wrong.  For all I know Buss used to make
Buss bars, and the former trademark has become generic.

(and just think how much easier this conversation would be to follow if
you'd continued in the steps of the previous posters properly trimmed
and NOT TOP POSTED)