TCP/IP I/O module for $35 ; was: USB module for monitoring multiple on/off switches

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:13:57 -0400, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<dl79e5hc3kejt4f1t40lqb0r0uepqq0sp4@xxxxxxx>:

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:48:51 -0700, "Christopher Glaeser" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <j6qdnZAQJK2anXjXnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> WebControl is a $35 TCP/IP-based (web) device that I use and can recommend
>> that would give you 8 TTL in, 8 TTL out, 3 analog in, multiple 1-wire
>> temperature input, HIH-xxx humidity sensor input,  etc:
>
>It even supports email on digital I/O state change.  Awesome!  Thanks again
>Marc.

Yes.  And one can create rules using Boolean AND/OR logic with the various
inputs including  TTL-level logic, 0-10vdc analog, temperature, Relative
Humidity, and Date+Time and delay timers to control the TTL outputs. The Real
Time clock (RTC) can be kept accurate by Network Time Protocol (NTP).

I'm considering these as an integral part of multi-unit, open-loop geothermal
HVAC for our house. Hardware for RS-232 and RS-485 inputs are on the
WebControl PCB but are still unsupported by the firmware. I had a useful
conversation with the manufacturer about the potential to support BACnet.
They are up against memory constraints in the microcontroller.

>http://www.cainetworks.com/manuals/webcontrol/WebControlUserGuide2-03-00.pdf
>http://www.cainetworks.com/manuals/webcontrol/HowtoWriteGUICodeforWebControl.pdf
>
>Find available suppliers through Amazon.com
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Webcontrol-Universal-Temperature-Humidity-Controller/dp/B001H4JXLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256497812&sr=1-1

At $35 including a steel case, IMO it's quite a bargain compared to some
other devices.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org