Re: USB module for monitoring multiple on/off switches

www.cainetworks.com/manuals/webcontrol/WebControlUserGuide2-03...

> or you can write your own GUI
>
> http://www.cainetworks.com/manuals/webcontrol/HowtoWriteGUICodeforWeb...
>
> Available/find suppliers through Amazon.com
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Webcontrol-Universal-Temperature-Humidity-Contr...
>
> $35.00 + shipping -- A steal IMO.
>
> I have two boards of an earlier version (hardware 2.02) than what is now
> shipping that was fussy about the exact 1-wire temperature sensor used. T=
he
> contact tech team was very responsive and had the firmware re-written by =
the
> team in Britain.
>
> HTH ... Marc
> Marc_F_Hultwww.ECOntrol.org

Sweet, just plug it into my LAN and go.  Every room already has cat5
jack, plus wifi access and access from anywhere in the world.

I've slowly been switching everything over to TCP/IP, security
cameras, dumped all my home control software in favor of a little
universal devices Insteon box, Belden usb hubs that talk to tcp have
also let me plug my movie cameras and other usb peripherals in one
place but access them directly on the LAN as though plugged into local
usb, my music/movie library is networked with windows home server,
etc.

Yup TCP/IP is the way to go I just may use this unit with a relay to
remote boot up a computer I need to get to remotely occasionally
(since this gizmo has its own web server) the big box can stay off
till needed.  I can just browse this little guy from the office and
tell it to boot the big machine.  Now I no longer have to keep that
machine running simply because "I might" have to get to it from work
that day, nice.  Glad I read this thread.