Re: USB module for monitoring multiple on/off switches

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:30:00 -0700, "Christopher Glaeser"
<nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I need to monitor devices that have simple NO/NC alarms.  Can you recommend
>a USB module that can monitor multiple on/off switches?
>
>Best,
>Christopher

You may want to look at using rs232 boards like below and use it
with a USB to serial adapter. Be aware that USB boards (like
bottom activewire) that do not apper as a serial port but instead
use dlls and such, can require significant programming
experiance.

http://www.futurlec.com/RS232DevBoard.shtml
http://www.weedtech.com/wtdio-m.html

http://www.activewireinc.com/