Re: CFL and 'X10 noise'

On Oct 26, 11:31=A0am, Neil Cherry <nche...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just a point of note, nothing more. =A0Today one of my CFL bulbs has
> started to flicker (it's going to die) and I noticed that my ESM1 is
> registering a constant 0.1v + if signal (not valid).
>
> When I turned the bulb off and back on later it is no longer
> flickering (but it will) but I'm still getting the constant noise
> while it's on. The bulb is a Sylvania 23W CFL. I hope I can find
> another equivalent bulb to replace it (it's a 3000k bulb).
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Neil Cherry =A0 =A0 =A0 nche...@lin=
uxha.comhttp://www.linuxha.com/=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 Main sitehttp://linuxha.blogspot.com/=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0My HA Blog
> Author of: =A0 =A0 =A0Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

I remember the older CFL's (circa 2001) used to either dump a ton of
line noise or suck X10 signals, I hope the newer CFL's are better.

Check out these very short clips

http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/images/unkphil2.mpg

http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/images/unkphil3.mpg

http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/images/unkphil4.mpg