Re: Napco Quickloader with GEM-RS232 Not Working

"Marc_F_Hult" wrote:

> The cable provided to me by Napco for both the PCI-Mini and GEM-RS232 is/was
> a six-conductor satin cable wired straight through (Pin1 to Pin 1 Pin2 to
> Pin
> 2 etc) --   not CAT5. If you substituted, are you sure it is straight
> through?

The system will not work over CAT5.  The GEM-RS232 only works with the
supplied 6-conductor cable.  If you need a longer connection, add a serial
cable on the PC side.

BTW, if you were to use a CAT5 cable with one of the older modules, such as a
PCI-MINI, the system would release the pre-packaged blue smoke.  With the
GEM-RS232 the only thing it will do is not communicate.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics