Re: X10 Fluorescent Light, can I use an Incandescent light as Neutral

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:22:58 -0700 (PDT), Lucas <giolucas@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have a box in the wall of my house with a florescent light and two
>incandescent lights with no neutral. The X10 switch needs a neutral,
>so I was thinking I'd try to use the incandescent lights as the
>neutral allowing them to trickle through the other lights. I believe
>this will work but I'm not sure what will happen when I turn on the
>Incandescent light and complete the circuit. This will mean the hot
>voltage goes into the neutral connection of the Florescent light's
>switch module.
>
>Anyone have any ideas here?

I don't understand what you mean by "I have a box ... with a
florescent light and two incandescent lights".  The lights themselves
certainly have neutrals or they wouldn't work.  Boxes with just a
switch for lights elsewhere can sometimes not have neutrals in them so
perhaps that is what you mean.  Not all X-10 switches require neutrals
so finding one that doesn't is probably your best bet.