Re: current state of protocols; x10? what else?

What's available depends on where you are and what the electical
specifications are. While X-10 is available for most countries, Insteon and
UPB are not widely available. Europe has a lot of basic wireless systems
that are not readily available in N. America.

I'm unaware of any system that will do all that you wish off-the-shelf 9at
least not with quality components).