Re: IBM bathroom patent symbolic of US patent ills

On Mar 28, 4:29=A0pm, James Arthur <dagmargoodb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 4:17 pm, Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-I...@My-
>
> Web-Site.com> wrote:
> > In the past I've done a lot of expert witness consulting. =A0This year,
> > though, I've lost a lot of business by telling potential clients that
> > their patent wasn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.
>
> > Unfortunately I sure they found themselves an alternate "expert" who
> > would swear to anything for a buck :-(
>
> That's my experience too. =A0I call it "Newton's Third Law of Experts:
> For every expert there's an equal and opposite expert."
>
> Cheers,
> James Arthur

GImme a break. Why do you think they have juries? The problem is that
a jury of one's peers in America is a going to consist of a crowd
composed of at least 50% goofy "Christians" (they're badly-schooled in
that too) who cannot distinguish between evidence and sermons.

But I perceive a thin ray of hope - a vote for Obama is a vote for
cool-headed rationalism -  in spite of his religion, which "thank God"
he keeps neatly parceled away from his public life (in spite of
Hillary's attempts to take him down with the rest of the Dems as she
looks ahead to 2012). He just *may* be able to stem the tide of
American stupidity before it's too late. And while you're at it, have
a look at Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion". Thomas Jefferson would
have been proud.

--
Joe