Strange behaviour

Using my wireless remotes [KC674 or HR12A] I can control the living room and
family room lamps [on/off only] utilizing a RR501 and CM11A by setting up an
IF/THEN statement in my software. I can even control the modules manually by
click on their icons in the software.

However turning the computer off and using only the remotes I can't control
the lights by sending their lamp module house/unit codes. I have made sure
the RR501, remotes and lamp modules are set to the same codes. Shouldn't the
RR501 receive the RF remotes signal and transmit directly to the lamps
modules?