Re: Any wireless USB hubs?

On Jan 25, 3:25=A0pm, RickH <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to eliminate having a physical USB cable come
> from my computer and go to my USB hub where I keep my camera, insteon
> interface, flash stick, and other USB devices plugged in. =A0The only
> one I can find so far only has a range of 30 feet:
>
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/d_link/dlinks-dub+9240-wireless-usb-hub-an...
>
> I would like to be able to have my laptop still "see" my insteon
> interface (USB to Powerline) without having to physically wire up to
> it, so that I can "walk around" and program my scenes more naturally
> using my Insteon software in the rooms themselves. =A0(I dont want to
> carry the insteon interface along with me).
>
> Thanks

Oops I forgot... the transmitter side must be portable, there are a
lot of 100 foot range units available but the transmitter is always a
big box with these (implying desktop to hub usage).  I'm looking for a
system with a small laptop transmitter that can go over 30 feet.  The
size of the hub unit is unimportant because that is stationary in my
office.