Re: Whats your opinion on this tablet PC as an HA touch screen

On Jan 25, 8:53=A0pm, RickH <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 5:13=A0pm, Ray <Ray...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
>
> > Don't know if I'm one of the few having hard time with the value of
> > the $1200 ELK touch screen.. I can afford it, but it really comes down
> > to the value for the dollar in my book.
>
> > I came across this relatively new Samsung touch screen tablet PC. It's
> > only 1" deep and has great specs, including wireless given the size.
> > It is (only!) $1100
> > but, it's a real computer and can run the remote management software
> > nicely.
>
> > Check it out, would love to hear your thoughts.. especialy from anyone
> > that think the ELK touchscreen is a better option for the money.
>
> >http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=3Ditbusiness&..=
.

> I'd say dedicated touchscreen interface manufacturers are crying about
> now. =A0I've had my eye on this Samsung as a dedicated platform for all
> my home automation software and remote controls. =A0I'd love to do some
> software development on it too.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it looks like a nice unit and after some shopping around it can
be had for just over $1000. If you want it predecessor, which is
certainly capable for HA use you can find it for about $600. I agree -
don't know how the manufacturers of dedicated touchscreen devices that
run Windows CE at best can charge what they do.